Computer Interfacing
Discussions about interfacing and electronics

568A or 568B connection?

What is the proper connection in my situation?


       Computer Interfacing Forum Index -> Local area networks
Author Message
New User

Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 1

Nov 06, 2008 9:29 pm

I have renovated my home and all floors are wired now with Cat5e cable.
In every room i have placed wallmounts( wall connectors) In my office i want to place a patchpanel i have.
Since i'm not 100% sure i like to ask if im correct that on both sides i use the 568B connection? So no crossovers?

The final situation would be:
PC with standerd UTP cable into wallmount.
wallmount with above mentioned cable towards patchpanel.
From patchpanel with standerd UTP towards my switch
From Switch with standerd UTP towards modem/router.


Site Admin

Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 145
Location: Netherlands and Kazakhstan

Nov 07, 2008 4:20 am

When wiring via a patch panel and a hub/switch, you need straight through cables. The only time when you need a cross cable is when connecting two computers directly, or with some router models which have only one ethernet port.
New User

Joined: 12 Dec 2014
Posts: 1
Location: fsda

Dec 12, 2014 7:24 am

have connected 3 nodes i.e., one is master and two are slaves . this connection I am doing with the ic MAX489 . so when i want to send data i am enabling tx pin , after sending data i will disable it. but this is working with 2 nodes, if i connect 3 nodes this is not working , data is colliding ... if there is any suggestion .. please reply me as soon as possible

       Computer Interfacing Forum Index -> Local area networks
Page 1 of 1

Running on php BB © 2001, 2009 php BB Group
   Lammert Bies     Interfacing     Sitemap     Forum