Computer Interfacing
Discussions about interfacing and electronics

Oddball ideas for metal detectors

Oddball ideas for metal detectors

Computer Interfacing Forum Index -> Pulse Induction metal detector
dsecnimeanrcke
New User

Oct 27, 2011 11:53 am

I was thinking about fun stuff you could do with large coils and wanted to see your thoughts.

Suppose you built 5 coils in the shape of a cube about the size of a duffle bag. You could have the battery in a backpack with a cord going to the duffle bag to make it easier to handle.

Imaging: With some programming you might be able to do some imaging of large objects with it. (Is that a volkswagen or WWII fighter under that sand?)

Using a frequency based detector, you could switch between different coils many times per second to sense the ground from different perspectives.

You could switch a pulse induction detector between the different coils.

Using smaller coils within the larger ones could help you adjust depth and get better 3d resolution.

You could use an accelerometer and gyro to track movement and combine multiple readings into a higher resolution plot. They can also be used to save power.

You could have the xmit and rcv coils of a frequency based detector physically isolated. Leave one on the ground and walk in a spiral around it to get a 3d map of whats under the ground. Bluetooth could be used to synchronize if wanted.

This is more of a seperate issue but I have seen where people used wifi, bluetooth, or other wireless tech to set up multiple radios in an area, plus one or two on the device to do centimeter or millimeter scale tracking.

Can anyone add to these ideas?
Eloyambres
New User

Dec 25, 2012 9:00 am

First when I started my hobby of metal detecting, I do not know that there is a device called gold metal detector that can help me to have easier access to the gold metal and helps me sava time, then one of my friends told me about this device, I am so curious and want to find a good equippment to help me so I search the internet and find the one that I am satisfied with at detectorall and by now everything goes on well and I have find some gold coins by using such kind of gold metal detector.
Chloesolo
New User

Jul 30, 2013 8:50 am

Holiday time and weekend is what everyone is looking forward to. Take time to have a break from stressful daily work and enjoy something fun with family members or friends. Metal detecting is the activity that is suitable for any age groups. With great attraction of getting metal detecting finds. No matter you are a newbie or an experienced detecting hobbyist, it is highly accessible and rewarding. detectorall

Computer Interfacing Forum Index -> Pulse Induction metal detector
Page 1 of 1

Running on php BB © 2001, 2009 php BB Group
   Lammert Bies     Interfacing     Sitemap     Forum