Computer Interfacing
Discussions about interfacing and electronics

MAX3140 Transceiver for Schneider Power Meter

Questions about MAX3140

Computer Interfacing Forum Index -> RS422 and RS485
lorayluah
New User

Mar 13, 2013 4:31 pm

Hi, I'm new to modbus protocol and RS485.

Problem: I am considering whether to buy a transceiver MAX3140 to facilitate communication between a schneider power meter pm710 which has a RS485 port and a set of zigbee jennic jn5148 wireless devices which have microcontrollers and uart integrated on it.

Functionality: I would like data on the power meter to be transferred via [b]rs485-uart[/b] to my transceiver then [b]uart-uart[/b] to my jennic end-devices and then wirelessly transmitted to jennic coordinator and then to my pc via [b]uart-usb[/b].

Questions:
1) Do I need to purchase a breadboard to house my transceiver? What other components would I need?(cuz I have little experience with breadboards)
2) How should I configure those pins on the MAX3140 in this case? (any MAX3140 expert would like to help me out?)
3) What are the meanings of "parity mask", "parity-interrupt mask", "parity bit", and "parity bit set"?

I would appreciate it alot even if you could answer part of my questions or supply me with a clear understanding of your own about the questions raised.

Thank you very much in advance.

Computer Interfacing Forum Index -> RS422 and RS485
Page 1 of 1

Running on php BB © 2001, 2009 php BB Group
   Lammert Bies     Interfacing     Sitemap     Forum