Discussions about interfacing and electronics

pi metal detector

Computer Interfacing Forum Index -> Pulse Induction metal detector
danwalter

Jan 13, 2012 10:30 pm

i've been following this project for years,still no schematic.... Sad
biy.birhan@yahoo

Feb 28, 2012 7:22 am

i want to develop my own gold and sliver detector. I need metal detector which can detect 5m underground.would you mind helping me to inform the metal suitable metal detector?
justaminute

Oct 20, 2012 11:00 am

It really is a shame that the schematic doesn't, nor I think will ever, exist.
WScottT
New User

Jun 17, 2013 8:32 am

Hello there, I just found this forum/discussion, and I'm wondering WHY there isn't a better (and/or less expensive?) design than the current "consumer level" PI detectors, such as the Minelab GPX series, etc.? Seems to me that these units could go considerably deeper, and (in all likelihood) are probably intentionally "held back" so ever deeper going designs, can be rolled out, keeping the game going longer, and profits VERY HIGH on the best releases? I also wonder if this isn't REGULATED, so the "little guy" can't compete, for public mineral right claims? (Just a hunch...)

Here's an IDEA... why not just take the most effective detector/s and "reverse engineer" a proven design... then INCREASE the power, etc. of that unit, adding additional features? Seems there must be more to work on than coil size, to gain more depth and discernment capabilities?

I know little about electronics or detectors... but when I see a guy scraping a few inches of hot rocks in AU and then finding many more nuggets that were missed before by even Minelab GPX 4000+ series... I wonder WHY these units still aren't capable of going deeper, when there are quartz veins (and big nuggets) 3- 10+ few down, and whoever comes up with a BETTER than 2- 3 foot depth PI, etc. detector for precious metals in particular, will OWN this market, and practically NAME THEIR PRICE!

Best :-)
William

Computer Interfacing Forum Index -> Pulse Induction metal detector
Page 1 of 1

Running on php BB © 2001, 2009 php BB Group
   Lammert Bies     Interfacing     Sitemap     Forum